04 grand cherokee special edition needs lift

cali_92

friend just got a 04 jeep grand cherokee special edition 8cyl. 4wd
and turn to me and wants me to lift it. i've only done my jeep yj. but i kno doing coil springs is pretty easy. he's only looking for like a 2" lift to eliminate the tire rub on it, i havent seen it yet so i dont kno what the problem is and or tire size. im guessin 31.
so suggestions on the lift.
go easy budget boost spacer lift. (which im usually against on wranglers)
or full suspention lift? and what brands. idk if rough country is a stiff for fran cherokees but for wrangler i kno they are.

dont have one in mind...
a list would b nice if u have a couple of ideas.
anything from cheap and simple
to nice and takes a lil more money

They are a little stiff but loosen up after a few months.

I have the 4in X-series flex arms and it’s great. Yeah it’s a little stiff but when you put bigger equipment in your vehicle it will be until it has broken in. Really what you do to the jeep should reflect what you will be using it for. If this is mainly a daily driver i might look into some coil spacers for the small 2in lift you’re trying to achieve. Personally i would go with the 4in Kit because it’s not overkill. My ZJ is my daily driver not some off the wall 10in lift 35in tires jeep only built for the trails. In today’s economy it’s not sensible to run jeeps like that on the road. I know someone out there is going to read that and be all like yeah it is but the truth is it’s not. The 4in lift to me is a happy medium between daily driver and weekend trail rig and has served me well when I’ve put my ZJ through the trails.

Also before doing anything to the jeep I would go to advanced auto or AutoZone and get like 2 or 3 can of PB BLASTER or any type of penetrating oil and spray the S#!T out of all the nuts and bolts you’ll be putting a wrench on. I didn’t even have to pull out my torches when I did my lift because everything came apart so easy.

dont have one in mind...
A list would b nice if u have a couple of ideas.
Anything from cheap and simple
to nice and takes a lil more money

not sure on prices, but the options are: Old man emu, bds, ruff country, iron rock offroad, tera flex. With my 02' limited i did a tear 2" spacer and fit 265/70/17's with some rubbing, which ment trimming :) we did used ome coils, with bds control arms, and a tera 3rd link spacer, with rancho 9000 shocks.

Back