2011 Jeep Liberty Hitch Wiring Harness

numnutter

2011 Jeep Liberty Hitch Wiring Harness (118455) :???:

Ordered a towing hitch and wiring harness – non Mopar :x– and am wondering how I can hook it up to a power source other than directly to battery cable. I want to go into fuse box or tap into power line other than battery post as instructions state (note: Mopar instructions also called for this). On my PU I was able to find an AUX fuse post but it’s a much older vehicle – these new ones have much more tacked on. Yes I know a Service Manual would help and I am in process of locating one. But for now I need to get over this hurdle.

The safest way to wire that trailer tow harness power feed is either on the main post of the PDC or the battery terminal itself. These newer electronics uses a TIPM(Totally integrated power module) and if you splice in any other electronics into the system, it's likely to give you big headaches later and not to mention that if any electrical issues that comes up thats traceable to the aftermarket add on, the warranty for that claim will be voided.

The safest way to wire that trailer tow harness power feed is either on the main post of the PDC or the battery terminal itself. These newer electronics uses a TIPM(Totally integrated power module) and if you splice in any other electronics into the system, it's likely to give you big headaches later and not to mention that if any electrical issues that comes up thats traceable to the aftermarket add on, the warranty for that claim will be voided.

Thanks for input. Not sure wat PDC stands for though ?

How about attaching to starter hot post if it has one out in open like in old days?

Thanks for input. Not sure wat PDC stands for though ?

How about attaching to starter hot post if it has one out in open like in old days?

PDC(Power distribution center), in this case A.K.A TIPM (totally integrated power module).
You can attach it to the starter/battery wire if you wish but i think that would be more headache than just running the wire to my original suggestion, not to mention that the starter area is more exposed to the heat.

Did look in fuse box and found where existing tow/hitch fuse is located. So, factory did put a slot for one with a fuse already there. But do not know how to tap into it – seems like I will have to go up from bottom and might have to take top off fuse main housing - not sure what issues this will cause or entail?

Other thing that I saw was a much better place to tap into bat cable other than main post. Main power cable coming into fuse box looks like a safe place - under cover and would not be disturbed like main bat post would be.

Did look in fuse box and found where existing tow/hitch fuse is located. So, factory did put a slot for one with a fuse already there. But do not know how to tap into it – seems like I will have to go up from bottom and might have to take top off fuse main housing - not sure what issues this will cause or entail?

Other thing that I saw was a much better place to tap into bat cable other than main post. Main power cable coming into fuse box looks like a safe place - under cover and would not be disturbed like main bat post would be.

That main power cable going to that fuse box( TIPM) is what i was talking about. BTW, did you check under the left rear area by the rear bumper for a 4way trailer connector?, most of the Chrysler and Dodge products are shipped with the wiring harness already attached but hidden under the rear bumper support.

Back