P0455 on Grand Cherokee

floyd5194

I hope someone can help me with this annoying code. I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland and i keep getting the 0455 code. I have replaced the Gas Cap and Leak detection Pump. The Leak Detection Pump was making a chirping noise so i took it to the dealer and they checked it and told me that the LDP was the problem so I ordered one and replaced it myself but just cant seem to get rid of the code. I'm not too satisfied with the dealership because they wanted almost 500.00 to replace the LDP and told me that they had to drop the tank to do this. I checked around and got to looking and found the location of the LDP so I have no respect for them. Also I took it into the same dealership for the seat recall and now my lumbar does not work, took it back to recheck and they claim it was not due to the work they did and now want 1500.00 to fix what they screwed up. Can someone help me?

If you already replaced the LDP and the fuel cap, the only thing left is the purge solenoid, vacuum lines and the vapor canister. Have you verified and checked carefully the vacuum lines for small cracks that would cause a leak?

If you already replaced the LDP and the fuel cap, the only thing left is the purge solenoid, vacuum lines and the vapor canister. Have you verified and checked carefully the vacuum lines for small cracks that would cause a leak?
I took the LDP back off and rechecked the work i did and looked at some of the vacuum lines. I found one on the throttle body and replaced it and one one the intake but still have the code. Before i replaced the LDP i had a P0453 i think. It was for a small leak detection. When I pulled the old LDP out and it was covered with dirt that looked like it was mixed with gas from over time. Dont know if this is related to my problem now.

The leak detection system should not have any fluids in the vacuum lines or any of its components. Having fuel in the leak detection pump indicates a failure on the vapor valve on the fuel tank or a bad habit of topping off the fuel tank too much to a point it's pouring out of the filler neck. Check to see if the vapor canister has any fuel in it. If it does, that too would have to be replaced. The LDP monitor is a priority 3 DTC. It will take 3 ignition starts to set a DTC and 3 ignition starts to extinguish the SES lamp IF the LDP test passes 3 consecutive times. The DTC then will be stored instead of an active code.

The leak detection system should not have any fluids in the vacuum lines or any of its components. Having fuel in the leak detection pump indicates a failure on the vapor valve on the fuel tank or a bad habit of topping off the fuel tank too much to a point it's pouring out of the filler neck. Check to see if the vapor canister has any fuel in it. If it does, that too would have to be replaced. The LDP monitor is a priority 3 DTC. It will take 3 ignition starts to set a DTC and 3 ignition starts to extinguish the SES lamp IF the LDP test passes 3 consecutive times. The DTC then will be stored instead of an active code.
Thanks for your help on this matter. There is no fuel in the lines but was on the outside of the LDP and associated lines like topping off the tank and pouring out of the filler neck like you said. I bought this in 2008 so there is no telling how the previous owner filled the tank.

Back