sound system

98 Jeep

My 98 jeep grand cherokee limited had the original cd/cassette player in it when i purchases it this past august. it sounded terrible, some speakers worked, others didn't. my husband had a car cd player that was about 3 - 5 years old. so we took it to an auto electronic shop to b looked at. i did not want the original taken out if it still worked. what they did was put new speakers in the back, and the 4 doors, and they went ahead and put the other cd player in which i did not want in, only if it was not working.

I have been very unhappy with this sound. Everything sounds like it is coming from the back no matter how u adjust it, plus the under the dash speakers do not work, they did b 4.

I put up with it for the winter and took it back to the shop last monday. they said they put the original back in but only the dash speakers work, when they put my husband's old one in all the speakers work except the dash. I really got use to using the controls on the back of the steering wheel, and they no longer work with the new player in. The owner told me he would research the problem and see what he could come up with. I told him i would check ebay for a used original and he told me to make sure it comes with infinity sound.

I called him today and i got the story he has been so busy he hasn't had a chance to research it.

Any suggestions on what i could do? This is the only shop around, and i don't know anyone who would b able to help. This jeep had a great deal of stuff added to it. there was an extra amplifier, there is some kind of blu tooth accessry in it which i don't need or want, there is a dvd player that i don't want. I just don't know what 2 do. I found 2 players on ebay but infinity isn't mentioned. I would appreciate any help any of u can give me since all of u know so much more about all of this stuff.

sorry this is so long, but it's a messy problem. thanks in advance

On the face plate of the original radio, there's a 3 digit letter that specify the radio model. they are small and usually found either on the left lower corner or the right lower corner of the faceplate. Examples are, RAZ, RAS ,REZ etc. Do you know which one it is?, If not, send me a PM with the last eight digit of the 98JGC vin number and ill see if i can find the sales code of the vin number from the build sheet. As far as i know, these radios are no longer in production but is still available from subcontracted electronics shops that refurbish them for resale. As for the steering wheel audio controls, these buttons are controled by the BCM(body control module). They are not a direct input to the radio. There are some aftermarket radios out there that are compatible with this setup but they are hard to find and getting them installed correctly is another headache.

On the face plate of the original radio, there's a 3 digit letter that specify the radio model. they are small and usually found either on the left lower corner or the right lower corner of the faceplate. Examples are, RAZ, RAS ,REZ etc. Do you know which one it is?, If not, send me a PM with the last eight digit of the 98JGC vin number and ill see if i can find the sales code of the vin number from the build sheet. As far as i know, these radios are no longer in production but is still available from subcontracted electronics shops that refurbish them for resale. As for the steering wheel audio controls, these buttons are controled by the BCM(body control module). They are not a direct input to the radio. There are some aftermarket radios out there that are compatible with this setup but they are hard to find and getting them installed correctly is another headache.

The lower r & l faceplate have no 3 digit letters that I can see. What does JGC stand for? the last 8 digits of the vin # areWC239288. would a model # oe serial # be of any use. I have them if u need them.

I found 2 on ebay that look exactly like mine. if u want 2 check them out the item # r 350330913164 and P04704385AD.
Sorry i couldn't find any 3 digit letters hopefully the SN will help. thanks

The lower r & l faceplate have no 3 digit letters that I can see. What does JGC stand for? the last 8 digits of the vin # areWC239288. would a model # oe serial # be of any use. I have them if u need them.

I found 2 on ebay that look exactly like mine. if u want 2 check them out the item # r 350330913164 and P04704385AD.
Sorry i couldn't find any 3 digit letters hopefully the SN will help. thanks

I did find some numbers but they are on the side of the face plate and very visible. it's on the side of the L R F R button c291097. I'm sure they r not the ones u want but they r the only ones i c on the faceplate.

zj807127-1.gif

zj807130-1.gif

Back