Camshaft sensor bad

Stalefishsk8er

Hey would a bad camshaft sensor cause a Jeep Cherokee to stall? The vehicle had some front end damage done to it about a month ago

Hey would a bad camshaft sensor cause a Jeep Cherokee to stall? The vehicle had some front end damage done to it about a month ago

I don't know about stalling, but when my camshaft sensor went bad, my Jeep Cherokee (1996) wouldn't start! I had never heard of this, but that's what the dealer found and ended up replacing a few years ago!

Barb :)

My buddy said the CRANKSHAFT sensor went bad on his ZJ and it did this same thing. Not sure about the camshaft sensor tho.

My cam sensory was going bad and would cause the jeep to stall or not stop randomly. But most of the time the crank sensor is to blame

x2 blown XJ, the camshaft position sensor tells your ECM where the camshaft is at in relation to the rest of the moving engine parts, if the ECM stops receiving the information even for a split second it will cause the engine to stall because the ECM isn't able to properly manage the engine vital functions….Complicated as hell but simple to replace so no worries! ; )

Back