Trouble with power window

jexee

Hi,
I have a '94 Grand Cherokee Laredo and the right front power window stopped working. For years it has been slow and it just stopped working a few days ago so I expect that the motor is bad. How can I test it and if need be how can I replace it. I do have a multimeter. Thanks.

I would remove the door panel and locate the window regulator motor and disconnect the connector then test it for battery voltage when the switch is actuated. If battery voltage is present, the motor is bad.

not sure if yours is cable driven or gear driven, if it is gear driven and you replace only the motor beware the clock spring. when you remove the motor it releases the tension on the clock spring instantly. it has been awhile since i worked on a jeep regulator. but check prices for motor and motor regulator sometimes the whole component is cheaper, and if you can go OE. it will last alot longer than aftermarket.

I would remove the door panel and locate the window regulator motor and disconnect the connector then test it for battery voltage when the switch is actuated. If battery voltage is present, the motor is bad.

Thanks for the info Mikey.

not sure if yours is cable driven or gear driven, if it is gear driven and you replace only the motor beware the clock spring. when you remove the motor it releases the tension on the clock spring instantly. it has been awhile since i worked on a jeep regulator. but check prices for motor and motor regulator sometimes the whole component is cheaper, and if you can go OE. it will last alot longer than aftermarket.

Thanks for the help Truck.

Back