death wobble

cowboywelder

I just put a three in lift on my 2000 xj it looks great but now every time i get up to about 50 mph it starts to act like the front end is falling out from under it and is all over my side of the road i have a steering stabilizer coming to see if that helps but does any one have any other suggestions my ball joints are good track bar has no slop in it and had it aligned also. I am all out of ideas any one have any

What shape are your tires in? Besides round. Bad tires can also lead to the DW

no thought i should get one but the stock slid on perfect this is my first lift i have put in

Did you do front alignment?
Did you replace the control arms or at least the control arms bushings? (both upper and lower ones)

How old is the steering stabilizer?
and sure, the track bar issue should be handled too...
Saar.

When you put your new lift on did you drill a new track bar hole? Usually on lifts above 2 1/2 inches you have to redrilll the hole. Go back into your instructions to make sure this is where to start

Not always. Some kits come with a longer track bar. The end result is the same though - the track bar needs to be addressed when going with a big lift.

But if your getting a death wobble it is definatley from the track bar.

My death wobble was caused by the control arm bushings, the caster angle, and some worn ball joints.

Thanks for the help guys got a new track bar witch helped a lot but the wheel bearings were bad too I think the combination of both just made it worse

Back