ba10 to ax15 question

blown XJ

I got a 1989 jeep xj that I just aware out the ba10 fur an ax15.. I got a new clutch kit for a 89 jeep and now I can get the clutch pedal to build pressure till its half way to the floor.. and I can't get the clutch to release.. is the internal slave cylinder different between the ba10 and the ax15? I have a 91 ax15 so its not the external slave...

should be the same. try bleeding again maybe master cylinder is done ?

Master was working fine up to the point of swapping transmissions. I'll try bleeding some more before I try a new master

Parts should be the same, check the master cylinder for possible air leaks that could be causing the system to lose pressure and check your throwout bearing to make sure its not leaking clutch fluid out around the bell housing. I had the same problem, turned out to be a defective throwout bearing that blew out an inner seal.

Everything is new in the system but the master... was working fine with the old transmission.. can then just go bad sitting?

yes it can definitely just go bad, especially since it was removed and reinstalled. Try n get a vacuum tester to test the system for leaks at the master cylinder. I think advance might rent them.

I use a bicycle pump attached to an old lid to pressurize the reservoir when I bleed the system out. Also had a bent clutch pedal that wouldn't push straight on the master and that caused issues with bleeding

Back