Water leaking in

B192734

So, I have a water leak from somewhere on the passenger side letting the water come down onto the passenger floor. Anyone else deal with this, and have any ideas on it? I had a similar problem on a 96 Sebring that turned out to be clogged up drain points, but I looked and tried jabbing a butter knife there, but doesn't seem to have done anything. Is there something that is a common issue that allows this? I took a quick look, and the weather stripping seemed to be still good, but I can't seem to find the leak point.

It's a common issue with the 97+ XJs. It is a clogged drain and I've yet to get mine to stop but it only does it if it's parked facing uphill, even slightly.

That would be it. I have to park uphill on my driveway everyday. Annoying...

Any idea where the plug would be to try and unclog it?

I have another problem with my 97 XJ that ain't leaking yet but will become one if I cant get it fized; the windshield channel is all bubbled up and surface rusted; one bodyshop referred me to his "glass guy" and the 2nd body shop said he would not touch it; to run it til it leaks, then scrap it; the rest of the Jeep is in too good of shape to do that! Country model power EVERYTHING cloth, o/h console the only thing it dont have is ABS brakes which I'd rather it not have anyway. my 01 did and my kid still managed to do a 180 with it and roll it.....
(Im not at all saying that the ABS should have completely prevented it dont get that idea) but I have been driving since '83 and have gotten by w/o it just fine so far..... nevermind that....
my 97 only has 125K, and the wife loves it; in fact when the kid wrecked the 01 she was the one that insisted we had to have another XJ; she has friends with ZJs and likes the XJ better.
this thing is otherwise in too good of shape compared to most I see around here to scrap; the rockers and floors are still like new.
someone before me put a windshield in and scuffed the He11 out of the w/s channel when the orig one was removed; and they used 4X more adhesive gookum on it than need be; the weather strip is dry and tearing away they didn't get the corners seated right when they put the last w/s in this thing;
I have a couple more to check with if I get the same answer from them then I guess I will start looking for a donor XJ body. but I hope not; even if I got another one for free, itll cost me $250 to register and transfer plates to; dam State of IL has to be the greediest in the country..... so how I look at it there's at least $250 towards the fix.

I'd just find a windshield shop and get it fixed. BTW the ABS version has the turd of an axle the D35 and the non ABS has the much stronger Chryco 8.25. The 97 and up versions are 29 spline and close to D44 strength.

Back