2 probs i cant solve 98 cherokee

pickel

prob 1
u get it up to 65 to 70 mph he jeep shimmys .. i have change ball joints ,track arm ,tie rods ,wheel bearing ,axles . steering stabelizer, and still shimmys..i even changed the tires twice with no luck.. any idea? been looking for over a year with no luck ..

prob 2

every so offten it will misfire .. I have changed cap, button,wires ,plugs , and distibutor it self.. now for the weird part when it misfires i can see a spark jump on the harmonic balencer between the 2 peaces .. nothing rubbing .. i even put on extra ground wires on this thing.. any idea?

thanks pickel
I have been working on cars most of my life and i will be dang it i can figer it out lol:shades:

As far as the shimmy, It has to be either somethings out of balance, somethings worn or somethings bent or warped. The way you describe it, it sounds like somethings out of balance, but could be a combination of the rest.
The misfire realy sounds like a ground problem to me. The jeep 6 cylinder is notorios for misfires at idle. Maybe you have stumbled across the reason. Usualy all new ignition parts will cure it for a while.

I have had shimmy problems on two separate occasions on various vehicles.
The first was a 1923 model T roadster with 3 inch wide motorcycle front wheels and automotive hubs.Neither a motorcycle shop or a car tire dealer could balance them.the second a duelly converted S-10 chevy where I hade a rear end shake due to the duels not being balanced as a unit. On both vehicles my local tire store re-balanced the wheels while on the car.This process accounts for any out of balance with rotors,hubs wheels or whatever .
They jack up the vehicle and bring the portable balancer to it.Then they spin up the wheels one at a time and balance them without dismounting.It works great!
Thing to rememeber is keep your tires clocked at the same location should you need to remove them.
Hope this helps

well i under stand what ur saying but i have put it up on jack stands and ran it in 2 and 4 wheel drive and no shimmy .. the next thing i am doning is takeing out the trailing arm and replaceing them .. they looked good when i had them

thanks

what ever factory is .. its not lifted or any mods done to it.

Ok I understand you put it in the air and ran it and no shimmy,keep in mind at that there was no load on it and or resistance as would be the case if you were driving it down the road.
Have you checked your drive shafts for possible damage?are you sure the problem is tires steering and suspension and or is it engine, trans and differentials?

no i am not. it feels like a tire out of balence but have checked them and they are fine..i have taken out the the front axles and replace axles and no change,, i also have taking out the front drive shaft with no change .. .. i have takein out the rear drive shaft and punt in new u joints one was going bad and still no change .. today i am takin out the rear drive shafy and going to drive it to see what it dose ..8)

Can you feel the vibration through the brake pedal?

Did you have the new tires put on the same wheels? It could be that one of your rims is out of round. If you have a full size spare then you may try swapping each one of your wheels for that to see if you can isolate a bad wheel.

Have you had your Jeep aligned (especially after swapping axles, tie rods, etc)?

Its on its third set of tires and second set of rims.. no vibs in brake pedal
:shades:

Sounds like the transfercase or trans. I twisted the input shaft on my trans (360 motor and stock 999 trans) doing burnouts. also messed up the carrier in the tcase

Back