Thread: help asap

help asap

I am replacing the o ring in my oil filter adapter off the block in my 97 xj..... how does the cap come off so I can replace the o ring

Re: help asap

i am not positive, but on my gc it is a t-60 torx bit to get the adapter off. The lock tight they used on those made it lock really tight so you will have to use a breaker bar to get it off most likely. I have been putting off fixing mine because of that simple fact.

I am pretty sure mine is a 1/2 inch or a 9/16 allen and yes I agree its on there tight. I'm going to tackle it after work tomorrow. Uhhhg

Good luck. When you are finished with yours, do you want to come do mine? I'll give you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Sent from my Exhibit using Jeepz

[QUOTE="extra-medium"]Good luck. When you are finished with yours, do you want to come do mine? I'll give you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

You might have a deal.... I love pb&j

Well after a six pack of pbr and some tool reconstruction I welded a t-60 bit to a wrench and got-er-done. The parts store wanted $45 for the "$special tool"........ I think not. I may start making and selling this wonder tool for like $10 lol