front axle swap help!

Need a bit more info like what size tire you plan on running and how much wider do you want to go. Different wheels can make a good bit of difference. Axle swaps aren't easy and deff not cheap. Something you need to think a lot about before doing or you end up with the wrong axle like I did.

I wanna keep 31s.. my current Dana 35 is bent from age and abuse and instead of fixing or replacing it I figured IDE upgrade it. IDE like to do a Dana 44 but is there any kit to change the 6 bolt pattern to the 5 bolt patter I already have.. fabricating parts isn't an issue for me I've been building desert rigs for years.. 4x4s are new to me though...

Waggy axels are only 1/2" wider than your stock D30, not a 35 that's a rear axle. A D44 is a bit over kill for 31s and they came with 4 bolt patterns, none of which are the 5x4.5 except for the Rubi version which is a 30/44 hybrid and the same width as stock. It's going to look pretty silly with full widths and 31s. Just find some wheels with very little back spacing and it'll get you pretty wide. I ran 10" rims with 3" of back space with stock axles and it wasn't much narrower than what I have now. That being said don't run a 10" rim with you 31s unless they are 31x12.50 and even then I wouldn't advise it.

Consider Spidertrak 1.25" wheel spacers to widen the stance. No easy junkyard upgrade when dealing with coil spring suspensions.

I picked up a Dana 30 from a guy on cl for a 100 bucks.. he was going an axle swap to a Dana 44 and a 14 bolt rear.. I hadn't realized how large those axles were in comparison to stock

Back