need a reply asap on 2003 jeep liberty sport 2 wheel drive with possible exhaust prob

jena

I have a 2003 jeep liberty sport 2 wheel drive and I noticed while driving a huge amount of white smoke like stuff blowing out of tail pipe. then it stopped moving. I looked under the jeep and there was a lot of water running out of the exhaust pan itself. I checked to see if there was water and there was none at all. The oil looks fine and is where it should be and the motor is not hot. I filled it with water and started driving but then it started to do the same thing and the water was empty. what could be causing this ??? Could this be a cracked block or a torn head gasket or is it something totally different ??? someone please help I have a closing on my house in another state and need my jeep to get there if it is fixable.:shock: :cry:

Sounds like a cracked cylinder head on the exaust valve to the water jacket or water port. You need to get it pressure tested to see which cylinder is affected or you can probbably tell by pulling each spark plugs and see which cylinder is throwing the water out. The possibility of a blown head gasket cannot be ruled out as well and should be the least expensive to fix.

? on 2003 jeep liberty sport 2 wheel drive

i am having issues with my jeep liberty. I was driving and white smoke started blowing from the tail pipe then my jeep lost excelleration. I pulled over and looked and I had a huge amount of water pouring from my exhaust pan. I checked my oil it is fine good color and no loss or increase in oil. The motor was not hot. I filled it with water and squeezed it through the hose and started driving., within a minute it started doing the same thing. It is draining all the water i put in it. Is this caused from a cracked block, torn head gasket or could this be something totally different.??? I checked to see if the smoke was of any color and it was not. Someone please help me figure this out.

Re: ? on 2003 jeep liberty sport 2 wheel drive

If this is a torn head gasket is there a real stop leak that works and if so where can I get it.

Sounds like a cracked cylinder head on the exaust valve to the water jacket or water port. You need to get it pressure tested to see which cylinder is affected or you can probbably tell by pulling each spark plugs and see which cylinder is throwing the water out. The possibility of a blown head gasket cannot be ruled out as well and should be the least expensive to fix.

Thank you so much

Re: ? on 2003 jeep liberty sport 2 wheel drive

Stop leak is just a band aid and usually does more bad things than good. If you can picture thousands of small particles that can plug a minute hole or crack that passes through a high pressure, imagine what it can do to the small water passages in the cylinder head that could also get plugged. Not to mention that a stop leak can also plug up several passages on your radiator and heater core.

Back