ZJ Build Help

n3rdpwdr

Ok so I'm new to the site and to Jeeps. I have had 4x4s in the past just not a Jeep. I have a '95 ZJ Orvis that I am building. I don't want to go all out just yet as I again am new to Jeeps. I have been doing a lot of asking around and pricing on the net but have not been able to get any kind of definitive answer as to which lift I should go with. I am putting on 31x10.5x15 MTZ's and would like to go with a 3.5 - 4 in. short arm lift. Right now for the budget I have it narrowed to either Zone's 4in. lift or Rough Country's 3.5. Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated.

I put the 3.5 RC on my brothers and it looked good but rode like a tank and the bushings were trash in less than 6 months. I've never dealt with Zone so no words of wisdom for you there. BTW with a little, very little bit of trimming on the bumpers you can fit 33s with 4" of lift.

Cool Thanks for the advice. That's exactly what I am leery of. What lift would you recommend for a budget 4in build?

p.s. I have trimmed the front bumper already and am purchasing the tires soon. When I get the tires I will trim the fenders for the fit so thanks for the tip on the 33s. I will do that after the lift next round of tires. 8)

Last edited:
Back