Check engine light flashes 12 times and check gage light on

crzycicada

Hello everyone. My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo did not want to start this morning. It doesn't turn over at all meaning the starter doesn't even click but everything powers on. The check engine light flashes 12 times and the check gages light comes on. Any thoughts? The only thing that's been done recently is that the thermostat was changed out (the parts store sold me one that was a "cooler" thermstat; not a factory one) and the oil was changed a few days ago. It ran fine since the change-out with no indications of a problem and then just now, zero response from the Jeep other than the lights. Any one have any thoughts?

The thermostat shouldn't have any reason why the engine won't turn over. The flashing SES lamp indicates an immediate attention to the ECM(engine control module A.k.A PCM . You will need to get someone to scan the modules for DTC's and see whats causing this no start condition. My guess would be a bus communication issue on the PCM or another module that caused a shut down on the ignition circuits. Do some basic checks under the hood for loose connections, pinched wires or possibly a weak battery or bad connection to the battery, other than that my first suggestion would be the best choice. Good luck.

Back