extra lift thoughts?

thedevil1236

i have been thinking of putting on the jks acos onto my jeep. any thoughts on these?? the stock rubber pos pieces in above the springs are shot and i was looking to add a little height onto my jeep anyways. i already have a 3 inch lift kit on my jeep, a basic skyjacker. i was thinking of doing those up front and then put a 4.5 inch leaf spring in the rear of my jeep. i would love to put on a 6 inch long arm kit, but dont have the money for everything that would need to be done. however, i was wondering if i would need to get a new drive shaft/slip yoke eliminator because of the added lift. i am planning on beefing up the steering and such up front with rustys over the knuckle steering upgrade. i am going to put on longer, steel braided lines as well. what else would i need?

also, what are anyones thoughts on the teraflex revolver shackles? any reviews on those? i know they dont add any lift to the leafs, but was interested in hearing back from anyone who has used them.

I can chime in on the revolvers. I took them off after two trips. Yes they flex. No it's not how you want it. It's not sprung weight so there's no traction on the wheel that's dropped. I'm locked front and rear so not a huge deal. But I had them unload on a steep side hill and just about rolled it. If flexy looks is all your after then they are fine. Function. Best to get some flexy springs with proper shackle set up and it will perform way better and safer in my eyes.

if you do the 4.5 you may need the slip yoke eleminator depends of how much flexing you are planing on doing but you will need to get extended brake lines if you do not already have them you might also need a new asjustable trac bar

Back