Annoying Noise when Key is in ignition

bodega770

I just bought a 94' Cherokee and already hate the high pitched noise it makes when you put the key in the ignition and have the door open. I wish it wouldnt make the noise when the door was closed, but it continues to make the noise about 10 seconds after i close the door. It seems that the sound is coming from the fuse board under the dash, but i dont wanna disconnect one without knowing its the right one. My jeep didnt come with an owners manual, so could someone please tell me exactly how to disengage this horrid noise? Thanks[addsig]

Make your wife stand outside until you get it started, then let her get in.[addsig]

Sorry, I was being funny. My ZJ manual says the buzzer is in the glove compartment relay box. I would get under there and put the key in, and touch the buzzers ( shows to be rectangular and about the size of a garage door opener ). Until you feel the vibration. It won't hurt to remove them as long as the key is off when you take it out. [addsig]

In my Chevy pick-up, I wrapped that noisy little sucker, in about three layers of duct tape (works for the kids too). It still buzzes a bit, but at a tolerable level. In the Chev, I was advised not to disconnect it, by the dealer. Probably going to try the same fix, on my 94 XJ the next time, I´m doing maintenance.[addsig]

i'd just either not put the key in, or put it in and start it right away... that's the same buzzer that'll keep you from leaving your headlights on or forgetting your keys in the ignition.[addsig]

I removed mine, because I am deaf anyways. And the buzzer was kinda annoying for what I could hear of it. ;-) [addsig]

yea ive considered ripping mine out, but like nate said, i dont wanna accidentally leave my lights on, cause i often drive with just my parking lights on (around dusk and in the morning) and sometimes i dont notice them or even remember they're on.[addsig]

I've thought about removing mine also. Or at least riggin up a switch when the door is open. So everytime I open the door...everyone doesn't have to know about it. Especcially when it's illegal.... :cool: [addsig]

Back