3 inch lift questions.?

Matt Norton

I am lifting my 1992 cherokee with a 3 inch zone lift. couple people are telling me to do a transfer case drop. then i have read alot that if the jeep is older then 97 u dont need a trasfer drop intill you at a 4.5 inch lift. let me know what you guys think any input would help.

thanks

It all depends. Every jeep seems to be different you would have to drive and see

Go ahead and install the lift and go for a test drive. If there is driveline vibration then install the t-case drop.

You are correct, you should not need a t-case drop with a 3" lift on a Cherokee older than '97.

'97+ XJ's generally need a transfer case drop with any amount of lift.

You are correct, you should not need a t-case drop with a 3" lift on a Cherokee older than '97.

'97+ XJ's generally need a transfer case drop with any amount of lift.

thanks for the help. i will install n see if i feel the vibes thank you again.

i have a three inch rough country lift on my 00 xj the only things i had to do was put a new steering stabelizer and an adjustable trac bar in it to stop the "death wobble"

Cowboywelder, in another thread I believe you posted having a vibe at around 45mph until you slowed down to about 10mph. This sounds like a driveline vibration and not death wobble. Can you describe this death wobble you experienced?

When when I got up to around 50 and would hit a little bump in the road the front end would shake like **** and I would have no control over it till around 30 when it would stop it was not in the drive line defenatly in the steering linkage since the vibration would yank the wheel from my hand

I think you're in the minority if you were able to lift a '97+ XJ with no rear driveline vibes without lowering the transfer case crossmember or otherwise modifying the driveline.

And yes I did have a little drive line vibration because I had knocked the balancing weight off of the drive shaft but even with that fixed it still did it till the adjustable trac bar and a new stabilizer

and i vary well be out of every one i had talked to and from what i had read i would not have had that problem and would not have to get the adjustable trac bar or the beefy steering stabilizer but i did when it comes to thing like that i have always been the minority lo

Back