Horn, Cruise, and Extra Radio Controls

CalebJns

What we are working with...
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo...4.0L Straight 6...223,000 miles...2WD...

Been a long day, and mentally my mind is fried...while heading home this evening I found a few things that aren't working (pretty much I was drained and fiddling with stuff trying to occupy my mind...)

1. Physical Horn isn't working...the "horn/beep" when you lock the Jeep works, but not the Physical Horn when pressed...
2. Cruise Control doesn't work...the green light comes on when the key is turned on initially, but when driving and the cruise control is pressed nothing happens...
3. Noticed this evening on the way home, that I have the "extra Radio controls" on the back of the steering wheel (right behind the cruise control buttons). These don't work either...I looked through the manual, but couldn't find any reference to a fuse I could check.

Do all 3 of these have the same fuse? Anything in common other than the steering wheel? And Location?

Thanks for the help...

Checked the horn relay, nothing wrong with it...swapped it with the a/c relay, a/c still worked after swapping...been looking through the manual, can't find a fuse or relay for the cruise or radio controls...thoughts?

New to me...bought it a week ago tomorrow (Tuesday)...just finding a few things here and there! Not all bad either...was changing the bulbs in the Map lights after church last night, and dropped the small spring in the switch...under the passenger seat I found a Bluetooth head set, and a new pair of Oakley sunglasses!

went back over and through the Jeep this afternoon...found a 15amp fuse in the Fuse Box under the hood...wasn't blown, but replaced it anyways...NADA...could it be something in the steering wheel itself? I can't find anything on the cruise control...doesn't appear to be disconnected under the hood...THOUGHTS? Any issues taking the steering wheel apart to check the wiring/connections? Anything I need to do or not do to keep from getting blasted by the airbag?

My JK has whats called a clock spring behind the steering wheel, when it broke it killed my cruise and set off the airbag light and will affect the horn.. You might want to see if your jeep has that..

Back