front axle

92__cherokee

so iv been thankin bout weldin my front axle its on a 92 cherokee stock fronnt axle too make it possi would this have an effect on daily drivin on the road? and would it hurt if i did the rear as welll?

On a dd i would do the rear and skip the front. Do you live in a snowy climate.

Have a look at Aussie lockers I run them front and rear in my xj year round. Deep snow once your used to them they are great. And affordable.

I've daily driven my YJ for the past 8 or 10 years with both front and rear axles welded. You can only do the front if you have a CAD (central axle disconnect) axle. If no CAD you will need an automatic locker like the Aussie or LockRight.

Welded axles aren't for everyone. The welded rear will take a little getting used to in snowy or icy conditions. The traction is great but a little blip of the throttle in a turn will turn you sideways if on a slick surface. I love it for this reason but you have to know what you're doing.

A welded front with CAD is great if you can set up the CAD with a manual disconnect like a cable. I used a vacuum switch from a full-size Jeep with Quadratrac, then I can disconnect the front and run 3wd for better turning when offroad. Poor man's selectable locker of sorts.

Now that I've upgraded my axles to Dana 44's, I run spools in both axles. THe front d44 has a cable actuated disconnect and locking hubs.

Back