rear end troubles

9 jeep hero

my rear end is going bad in my 96 jeep grand cherokee laredo i just bought a 98 cherokee sport rear end will they swap out they have the same gear ratio

Nope. Grand Cherokee has a 4 link rear and the normal Cherokee is leaf sprung

It will fit!, but you will have to cut off the 4-link mounts and weld on leaf spring perches. determining the leaf spring perch location shouldnt be hard since you have the old axle to compare to. Cut off the 4 link mounts, grind smooth, find your location of the leaf spring perches and have a welding shop weld them on. I wouldnt think it will cost that much to do, def be cheaper than doing a gear change to another axle.

It will fit!, but you will have to cut off the 4-link mounts and weld on leaf spring perches. determining the leaf spring perch location shouldnt be hard since you have the old axle to compare to. Cut off the 4 link mounts, grind smooth, find your location of the leaf spring perches and have a welding shop weld them on. I wouldnt think it will cost that much to do, def be cheaper than doing a gear change to another axle.
It's the other way around, he needs link brackets added to the Cherokee axle.

And coil spring perches... And I'm pretty sure one of the shock mounts is on the wrong side as well. So actually its quite a bit more. My advice would be to sell the Cherokee sport axle on Craigslist and pick up another one correct for your vehicle from either a dismantler or Craigslist.... Around here they are dirt cheap. I picked up a Ford 8.8 with disc brakes and a factory posi for 80 bucks :) people just don't know what they have

i greatly appreciate everyones input i think ill just get rid of the cherokee sport axle and get the correct one seems like less hassle lol

Back