Security system

I did some research, and it looks like you need to ground the Purple/yellow stripe wire that's in the driver kick area. Cut the wire and ground the engine side, cap the door side. The wire is easily locatable in the bundle which runs to the door. The way to determine if the security system is disabled is when you lock the doors with the remote, the security system light at the dash will not illuminate. If it illuminates it is still working.

Note that this won't work if your security system has been enabled and the ignition has already been killed.

I don't have any first hand knowledge with this, so take it with a grain of salt.

So 94 had the remote?

It is possible that your 94 initially came with a fob. I've got a 93 Limited that was having the same issues and the PO did not have the fob.

The guidance above regarding the purple wire with yellow tracer does work. It is the wire that runs in the door up to your lock cylinder. I just disconnected mine and ran a jumper wire from the wire end to the door itself. This tricks your system to believe that it has been disarmed. I've been running mine like this for over a year now with no issues.

Good luck!

I have the CD that covers many years for the alarm system. I was going to use it to put a '93 ZJ harness in my '84 J10 (what a mess that was!)

Back