If I dont use it, will I lose it? (power window problems)

bugleboy

I have a 99 xj and we have always had problems with the power windows, either a motor or a number of other things, i think i have had a power window failure at least 10times i the life of the jeep, when she was new off the lot, the windows were hardly ever rolled down but still failed several times over the first couple years. but recently (the last two and a half years to be exact) i have been rolling my windows down regularly to enjoy the warm air on my drive home and i havent had a window failure in quite some time. My question, if you dont use it will you lose it? had one fail the other day and im curious if any of you guys have this problem?

one of mine will randomly roll down on it's own.. gotta get it fixed soon

Don't know too much but I do know that in the 3 Cherokees I've owned all of them will only let you control the windows on the drivers side. It's something wrong with the safety lock I think I've heard you can clean it out and it can start working with oif the jeeps only rarely are you able to control them from other sides. There also some write ups on how to fix it. Hope that helps some. Another thing with one of my jeeps (95) the windows would only sometimes work. I got that fixed and they said some of the wires were melted together. Then again when I would try to roll my window down I would lock the doors instead...

Don't know too much but I do know that in the 3 Cherokees I've owned all of them will only let you control the windows on the drivers side. It's something wrong with the safety lock I think I've heard you can clean it out and it can start working with oif the jeeps only rarely are you able to control them from other sides. There also some write ups on how to fix it. Hope that helps some. Another thing with one of my jeeps (95) the windows would only sometimes work. I got that fixed and they said some of the wires were melted together. Then again when I would try to roll my window down I would lock the doors instead...

I share that problem as well, window controls only work from the driver side door, and the peaker wires that go thrue the door have melded together as well

Back