Back driver window/ radio heat issues.

emilyelaine

I have a 2008 commander and just earlier my back driver side window will go down using both master window switch and personal switch but will not go up. I have had this issue before but it was summer and adventually a few days later decided to go up. Now with -2 degree weather and a toddler in the car with me it's important to fix any ideas?

Also on a separate idea I had my jeep warming up before leaving and when turning the vehicle on the radio and heat/vents all together were working and when I returned a few minutes later they were not on nor did they have any power what so ever. Half way down the road they turned back on magically. Though maybe it was a relay? Any ideas would be great!

Sometimes, if you keep your finger on the up button while banging on the center of the door panel, the window would go up. This advise is just a quick possible temporary solution , not a repair.. If the window only goes down but not up intermittently, the possible issue would either be the switch or the wiring on the door jamb. I've seen the wirings break inside the wiring rubber boot on the door jambs and can be repaired if your skilled with a solder gun and insulating it with shrink tubing.

Did try with no response. Appreciate the advice though for future reference. I will have my brother look into the wiring though.

Back