front seats with issues

redqueen

Me again, 1996 grand Cherokee Laredo. It needed new front seats. Found two great ones in a salvage yard from a 1994. The salvage yard pulled them for me, I picked them up and had them put in yesterday. Here's the problem: When the old seats came out the seat belt latch was attached to the seat and it came out with it. The seats from the 1994 don't have the latch attached to the seats. It was an independent piece which bolted to the floorboard on the vertical wall of the transmission hump just below the console. So now I have two great seats and no seatbelts...not street legal I know!

I hope you all can understand what I'm trying to explain. To the best of my knowledge the floorboard of the 96 isn't drilled for the seat belt latch to be put in place like it would be for these seats from the 94... and the latches from the old seats wont fit either. What we need is a latch assembly which bolts to the floorboard where the seat base bolts down. Is this making any sense to anyone? I went to rockauto to see if I could find a part which would fit and couldn't find seat belt latches at all. Anybody have any clues for me? Thanks in advance...

Ouch I have gone through this before, Is there any kind of warranty on the seats? Unfortunately I cannot think of any way to ensure safely installment of latches. 94-96 was a common year range for the change from front button release to the top red release style latches so therefore the latches changed also. That means you wouldnt be able to mount 94 buckles because they wont work with your belts. By chance do you still have your original seats? maybe you could find how the latches are mounted and see if the seats are internally similair.
Nest of luck to you

Ouch I have gone through this before... That means you wouldnt be able to mount 94 buckles because they wont work with your belts. By chance do you still have your original seats? maybe you could find how the latches are mounted and see if the seats are internally similair.
Nest of luck to you

Oh man I hate when this happens...I don't know if the old seats are still available I'll have to call the guy who took them out. It sounds like I may have to look for '96 seats? Yipes :???: Thanks for the info anyway!

Back