2009 3.7L v6 jeep grand cherokee spark plug removal problems.

delta1

Okay i know alot of other people are having the same problem as I am so if anyone can answer this it will be helping alot of people.

I have a 2009 3.7L jeep grand cherokee and instead of 1 ignition coil for each spark plug it has 1 ignition coil for 2 spark plugs. The ignition coil has a spark plug wire comming from it running accross the engine to the second spark plug. so my v6 has 3 total ignition coils. Okay so now heres the question. How do i take off the ignition coil when the bolt won't come all the way out. here is a picture of the coil bolt. there is not enough room to get underneath .

More Information for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS UF640

anyway i'm I would prefer an answer to somone who has the exact same ignition system with the 3 coils for a v6 engine. the (waste spark system) and I would like a detailed step by step how to get the ignition coils off. Thanks for your time.

I don't have the same Jeep as you, but I do have access to the factory service manual. Here's what's listed for the 3.7L GC ignition coil. Hopefully this will help.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Back