1986 Cherokee jeep, to install a new cable battery cord

Kathee67

This jeep's name is Karma and sure likes to drain my bank account. My son and I are learning how to do basic care for the jeep. What I would like to know how to put the loom on the battery cable? Where is the connector that is somewhere under the hood to replaced the old cable connector.:evil::evil::evil::???::???::???::idea::idea::idea:

you get your batt cable replaced. Im not sure what you mean by "loom". Are you replacing the ground cable(black) or the hot cable(red)? The ground cable should attach to the - side of the bat and to the engine block or the frame. The hot should attach to the + side of batt and could either go to the starter solenoid and then starter, or straight to the starter.

If you are working around the red wire on the battery, please remember the wrench can't touch the metal around it. The battery will cause Damage if shorted to the body. Please be careful.

Agreed , do not let a wrench or metallic object touch metal while touching battery positive.
Also, same for the alternator battery terminal , it is a live connection which will accomplish the same , sparks and burns ! Not to mention , a blown regulator . Got me scratching my head to over what is referred to as a loom. I think I may of come across it in a j.c. Whitney catalog once But can't say I make reference to it . Can you enlighten us ? Sure got us curious .

Loom is actually the black plastic split cover that is to protect the cable inside from getting it's coating cut to the metal..

Back