2002 Grand Cherokee - soaking wet passenger floor

glp004

Please see photos - I think the A/C drain is clogged? This is most certainly water, NOT coolant.
is there any easy way I can fix this myself?
and by easy I mean relatively cheap and avoid the dealership?:???:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

Well, the drain was NOT clogged - mechanic blew compressed air through the open drain tube & it was fine.
so, in one of the pics I'm pointing to the elbow hose he put on the open drain (piece of curved heater hose & zip tie). His theory is that on long trips the wind is forcing the water back into the drain, so this piece of hose will allow the water to drain out toward the ground. Immediately much more condensate water was draining. On short in-town trips, my braking and less constant wind was not allowing as much water to back up. I don't know if this drain ever had an elbow, maybe it did & it fell off? The other photos are just to show how I cleaned it up & am letting it dry. I'll keep you posted once I start driving it again to say if this was really the fix. Hope it helps someone :mrgreen:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 18
Just an update on how horrific it was to have to get this water out....
The carpet is layered on the back with foam and encased in plastic. The foam never dried.
I had to cut it all out and as you can see from the photo, I had to separate it as best I could in the backseat and put a fan on it to get it to dry.
Once it was air dry to the touch, I left it for a week with 4 tubs of Damp Rid inside.
It smells really good - and I cleaned all the upholstery while I was at it.

the fix worked for me, I hope the photos help. If your carpet gets flooded - make sure the foam dries all the way! Mine wouldn't so it had to go. I put some removable padding under the passenger floor carpet- to help with road noise and the floor be more even.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg