ECU Schematic Wiring Diagram 1998 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Hello. New here and need some help. My grandfather bought a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that had some stalling issues. Before I ever found out what was going on with it, he spent tons of money fixing other things. I found out about the problem and I researched on YouTube and found someone posted a common issue with the ECU having a loose connection internally. You could literal push on the ECU while running and the engine would die. We tried this and sure enough it recreated the stalling issue and would die. So after contacting a group to get a replacement ECU, they have shipped him the 56041576ab ECU that supersedes the existing 0514152aa and the original 56044513ac( not sure what was wrong with the original ECU). So at this point the new ECU came with installation paper work that states STOP!! in Red letters before installing test all solenoids for shorts or defects. check coils, shorts circuits in wiring harness and damage to the injector harness. Also check shorts in the alternator, faulty cam or crank sensors, etc.......

So what I need help with is a wiring diagram of what is what on the ECU so we can figure out what to test, there is 3 sections from left to right internally it looks like there is some burn marks on the existing bad board but cant really tell. I just want to be sure unless there are any other ways you guys think I should check. I want to make sure I am doing what the instructions say so we are covered and don't accidently void the warranty. Thank you. God Bless

Last edited:
Back