Trouble code P0430

curtisburns

We just bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee less than two weeks ago, 95k miles, pretty good shape. After driving around some in this snowstorm the engine trouble light came on. I got the code at AutoZone: P0430 catalytic converter.

According to the CarFax the dealer replaced the catalytic converter in August this year, could it potentially just be a computer reset issue? Would the dealer be obligated to repair or replace it?

CB

Last edited:

most car/truck deals are (as is). warning lights coming on is nothing new to jeeps and other vehicles etc.. if it still runs ok and dosnt die in the middle of the road I think you will be ok. wait till this COLD weather passes and see if your lights still act the same.

I hope this helps

On your Jeep you will have multiple catalytic converters. I would check to see which one(s?) they replaced.

Welcome to the Z. It's only been 2 weeks, did you buy chance get the standard dealer warranty of 3 months, 3000 miles?

I had a 2005 Grand Cherokee as well, just recently traded it in for a 2011. Which engine do you have?

Back