New to Jeeps, looking to buy 04

codycat91

I know I've almost never posted here, but hopefully you cam help me get back into the Jeep lifestyle. I'm looking to trade my mustang for this 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, however I really have no familiarity with what this would be worth, what to look for, what to ask, etc. It does have the 4.7 with 103k miles.What should I be asking or looking for? Is this a lot of miles for the 4.7? What are common issues or problems? What would a ballpark price range be for this? He is asking $9500. This is the list of mods in his ad:

4 inch rough country suspension lift
Transmission just redone with a shift kit
Aftermarket taillights
HID tinted halo headlights
Tinted windows
Bull Bar on grill
LED over can light bar
New K & N intake
New fuel pump
Flow master Super 10 exhaust
Whether tech floor mats
Just undercoated
Plasti-dipped rims
Heated seats
Leather
Power everything
Aftermarket front speakers and tweeters ($200)
Clean title
Inspected until April
And much more!

00m0m_jstzY07Wt6Q_600x450_zpsvzodwczm-1.jpg

21e081abaaeb49b7850351eb3736b571_zps271e-1.jpg

IMG_2766_zpswgnfnyow-1.jpg

IMG_2769_zpsy34rhwfp-1.jpg

IMG_2771_zps3lm1wd7h-1.jpg

IMG_2772_zpskwkhwn25-1.jpg

IMG_2773_zpsyjuz8f71-1.jpg

Thank you guys so much.

That's a very nice looking Jeep! I don't have any real knowledge of the Grand Cherokees, but I ran that truck through the Kelly Blue Book, and they value it in very good condition at $5,664. I don't know if KBB is just low on this, or if the truck is overpriced. I know most things like lift kits really don't add any value to the truck (for resale purposes).

It is nice looking though.

Yea, I'm expanding my horizon to 06+ Grand Cherokees. Found some really nice Limited ones with the 5.7 Hemi and factory nav, backup camera, Boston acoustic sound system, and 50-60k miles.

I have a little bit of experience with Grand's, traded my '05 Hemi in on my current '11 Hemi. '05 is the first year of the WK body style, then '11 is the first year of the WK2 body style. The Hemi generally has the Quadra Drive II 4wd system, a good system if properly maintained. It's important that you be able to take a slight slow turn on pavement with no binding or hopping of the Jeep. Take the fill plug out of the transfer case and make sure the fluid is red.

Run the Jeep over some potholes or small curbs to listen for clunks in the front (balljoints). Any clunking when shifting from neutral to drive might be bad bushings on the front differential.

Back