No gauges

eric m

Hi all. I just purchased a 2001 jeep cherokee limited 4.0 auto. I have a gauge cluster with gauges as opposed to just idiot lights. My problem is that none of the gauges are working, they worked on the test drive than died immediately after I gave him the money...I'm thinking fuse but the three fuses that the owners manual refers to for the cluster are good. Am I missing a relay some where? Any help is appreciated.

In my Grand Cherokee wiring diagram doesn't show a relay, 3 fuses as well. Would imagine similar for your Cherokee. I would confirm power through your contacts/fuses. Give the dash some tough love to see if gauges restore. Possibly a bad/intermittent connection behind the cluster. This isn't uncommon. May have to remove the cluster to check the connector

This may sound weird but check ur battery Connections terminals wires to alternator and to starter had this problem once new terminals and wires fixed it this may not be ur problem but it cheap and worth a peak i do also agree with drew

Back