2005 Jeep Grand Cheokee - Can anyone tell me what this is?

myo1974

Hi Everyone,

So yesterday I attempted to change the spark plugs on my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8. I was having trouble getting to some of the plugs and I broke the plastic pieces on a hose thing. Being a woman, sometimes I don't know my own strength! lol

Problem is, I am not sure what this hose/tube system is. I went to the local auto parts store and they weren't sure either! Also checked my repair manual but I still can't figure it out.

Can anyone identify this and possibly tell me what I would need to fix it? And/or if it's something I would have to get done by a mechanic?

Thanks!
Myo

Attachments

• Jeep Tube.jpg
    Jeep Tube.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 328
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 222
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 347
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 259

Hi Everyone,

So yesterday I attempted to change the spark plugs on my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8. I was having trouble getting to some of the plugs and I broke the plastic pieces on a hose thing. Being a woman, sometimes I don't know my own strength! lol

Problem is, I am not sure what this hose/tube system is. I went to the local auto parts store and they weren't sure either! Also checked my repair manual but I still can't figure it out.

Can anyone identify this and possibly tell me what I would need to fix it? And/or if it's something I would have to get done by a mechanic?

Thanks!
Myo

heater hose thermo unit.. its a bi-directional valve inline with the heater hose.. I'm not surprised the auto parts hadn't a clue..

heater hose thermo unit.. its a bi-directional valve inline with the heater hose.. I'm not surprised the auto parts hadn't a clue..

Yeah, they seemed pretty clueless. :roll:

Is it difficult to fix? Do you know where I could get the part(s)? Thank you!

its like a thermo coupler, I got one for my sisters jeep when it just disentegrated at O'Reilly's Auto..

O'Reillys Auto.. I got one for my sisters Cherokee when it turned to powder under the hood..

Back