2001 Grand Fan replacement

newbieJeep

Hi All:
I am having overheating problems, my mechanic shop tells me the electric fan motor is not spinning up to speed and believes the fan motor is toast. My problem is I can't seem to find a good replacement, without going to the dealer. All Fans systems I want to buy say "without tow package". My grand has a factory tow package, and I do use a trailer. I wanted to buy the Hayden 3800 dual fan kit with the Hayden 3655 Digital fan controller. BUT I called them and they told me they don't have anything that is recommended for a Jeep with a tow package.
what are the Off-roading guys buying, What should I buy??? I just want something good, Over heating and blowing the engine would suck. Sitting on the side of the road so it can cool off, - sucks.
It's a 4.0 I6

Thanks
Les

Dorman is a good brand. You can buy it online. It is sold in Parts Geek. Check out Product SKU: 620-010

I looked at that unit but the site says w/o tow package. I have yet to learn why a "tow package" is different. what did the factory do that makes the Fan wiring run different when I has a factory towing wiring package. I assume it fires up 2nd stage fan speed as soon as the towing adapter is connected and the temp goes up.
I don't know really. it's a guess.

Les

Back