Power Brake Booster Removal / Left Hand Manual Pedal Assy removal help?!!!!

mike_beez

I've spent half the day working towards replacing my power brake booster on my 2004 Liberty. I've been following my Haynes guide and everything seemed to be going fine, right up until after I removed the interior panels below the dash.

I've come across this giant, gusseted, gray, plastic panel blocking my access to the four bolts holding the booster. There are multiple bolts going through this to structure, the pedal assembly, and other things beneath the steering column. I'm afraid to just start pulling bolts and causing something else to fall apart.

The sticker on the plastic describes it as "Left Hand Manual Pedal Assy" I've attached the best picture I could take with the limited access I have. I've only found one picture of the whole piece, ebay, Jeep Liberty Brake Pedal Assembly 2003 | eBay. In both cases, the part is labeled as J3333.

If anyone can offer any advice on how to proceed so that I can get access to the booster bolts, inside the cab, I would be extremely grateful!!!

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0692.jpg
    IMAG0692.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

Never mind. I didn't realize I only needed to pull the two bolts holding the booster to it's mount. I had already gotten the replacement booster but it was attached to the mount and I had the impression I would need to pull the 4 bolts that attach the mount to the firewall.

Glad your figuring it out, if you have the cash buy a factory service manual. Others have errors or missing steps.

Back