Jeep Dies when turning right and braking at the same time.

guitardenver

I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 6 cyl. 4 wheel drive. When i'm moving about 10mph or higher and I turn hard right while braking, the car dies. It dies very quickly with no studder or anything. It also does the same thing when turning right and braking when in neutral as well. I could not get it to do it while in reverse. It does not do it while just turning or just braking either, it has to be both. Does not do it turning left either.

I recently had the master cylinder and booster replaced if that helps the troubleshooting. I checked the transmission fluid and that's fine as well. It's a little over due for an oil change. The spark plugs, air filter, distributor cap and wires are all relatively new.

Anybody had this issue too?

It sounds like it's the power steering pressure switch is bad. But i read the 6 cylinder engine does not have the switch. It would make since because it dies when turned all the way and the brakes are pressed causing a large load on the motor. The engine is supposed to increase the rpm so the engine doesn't die right?

Back