2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Transmission Issues

tport

Looking for some advice from seasoned Jeepers. I bought a new model Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk in 2014 which is now about a year old. I have had a number of minor issues from needing a new radio/nav system to oil sensors going bad already. I most recently am experiencing poor engine performance (sluggish, doesn't want to get up and go when gas pedal pressed). The service rep said that without a check engine light on and a code provided they aren't able to help me as Chrysler won't cover due to warranty.

I love the Jeep brand and this model but need some guidance on how to handle with dealer? The rep said that they have replaced lots of transmissions in this model but without an engine code I am SOL.

Anyone have similar experiences or advice?

Thx.
Todd

Welcome to Jeepz.com!

I don't have much to offer in the way of help. Have they checked to see if there are any codes present, even without the check engine light being on?

It really sounds like bunk - saying "We won't help you without a check engine light".

gotta love the stealership. personally i think that its due to the poor diagnostic capabilities of their techs. and the poor experience of their writers.

Start by checking for TSB technical service bulletins noting these issues. safecar.gov Have you been doing regular maintenance? Air and oil filter? Buying the correct gas? Running some injector cleaner. .

Any modifications? Larger tires...?

Describe the hesitation. Like step on gas engine revs and slow movement .... Or step on gas and slowly increase speed and rpm. Or ???

What warranty problem do you have? Out of warranty?

If you could demonstrate the issue they should be looking into it. Try another dealer.

Last edited:
Back