Climate control panel doesn't work

Hey everyone i have a 97' jeep Grand Cherokee this and I'm having a problem with my climate controls. One day I took it out to see why my the aire was coming through the defroster when ever I accelerate. I dropped my screwdriver and it hit the contacts on the relay in the back of the panel and it stopped working. None of the switches work not even the a/c button, I got a new relay for it and it didn't work. I checked all the fuses, relays (and everything is good), and vacuum lines. One of the lines had a hole in it but I fixed that. I went to the junk yard to get a used panel and that one also didn't work I can't figure out what it is can someone help me before it gets colder here in Connecticut.

Hey everyone i have a 97' jeep Grand Cherokee this and I'm having a problem with my climate controls. One day I took it out to see why my the aire was coming through the defroster when ever I accelerate. I dropped my screwdriver and it hit the contacts on the relay in the back of the panel and it stopped working. None of the switches work not even the a/c button, I got a new relay for it and it didn't work. I checked all the fuses, relays (and everything is good), and vacuum lines. One of the lines had a hole in it but I fixed that. I went to the junk yard to get a used panel and that one also didn't work I can't figure out what it is can someone help me before it gets colder here in Connecticut.

Vac leak will cause vents to move to defrost only.

Resistor fail will cause a high speed only situation.

Failed fuse

Wires have been known to fuse open at the select switch and resistors.

Just a few thoughts

blower position going to defroster upon acceleration is either bad check valve in the vacuum line that supplies vacuum to climate control. or leaking vacuum pot or lines going to it. the check valve is prolly located really close to the booster hose. its like a little plastic peice with a white end and a black end. you should only be able to suck through it one way and not the other. as for the climate control. have you check if power is going into it. is it manual hvac or automatic.

Back