Starting problem

joelf

I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have owned it 12 months with no problem. Yesterday I drove to the gym and after about two hours I went to leave. I got into my Jeep and when I turned the key nothing happened. I have full battery power. My gauge kept flashing transmission temp. I live in Ohio and it is 20 degrees outside I left it over night and same thing the next morning. Would not start and had the code transmission temp. It's under warranty so the tow came and took it to Jeep dealer. It got to the dealer and started right up ... They have had it all day and had no problems. Luckily I took a video last night of me trying to start the Jeep and what code it was throwing. I sent the video to head mechanic I was reading that this is an on going process with people. They say that model Jeep does that. Any words of advice would be great!!!! The Jeep has 90000 miles

Attachments

• image-2074422150.jpg
    image-2074422150.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 310

No idea here except maybe a connection somewhere

Welcome to Jeepz.com. First off, great idea taking a video of that happening - I never would have thought of that.

Here are a few things to check:
  • Your battery terminals are nice and clean (no corrosion).
  • The cables connecting to your starter look good and are tight.
  • Have your battery tested at your local auto parts store.

The simplest answer is that you either have a bad battery or a bad starter - hopefully that's your problem, and not something more expensive / not covered.

Clean and or replace wiring to the starter. The battery comments above apply.

Ok it is still at the Dealer being that it was under warranty. I'm waiting to hear back still. Thank you

It got to the dealer and it wasn't throwing the code so they have no idea. I showed them the video and they said without it throwing it in front of them they can not do anything. I just picked it back up. Glad to have it back but afraid it will do it again

Back