Rustys offroad cross over steering

yjhillbilly

i just installed Rustys offroad cross over steering on my xj , cant and wont turn as sharp. hits the axle on pass. side clears diff and every thing on drivers side, only fix i see is offset tierod ends to push it out. have not gotten hold them yet. i work 3rd and hard to get hold of them with my hrs. dont want to speed more$ on this as it said it was a direct bolt on,lies cant pull in my drive way with out turning wide now, wallmart look out!!!! this is my DD so it needs to turn. all the offset tierods i see are 22mm? help anyone?

Last edited:

Post a pic to see if something is out of place or not exact

Rusty's has been around a long time and been in the steering game a while, this shouldn't be a new problem. Make a point to give them a call in the afternoon, Rusty is very helpful on the phone. Give him a chance before you go negative online.

So I got hold of Rustys, basically bad instructions with the kit. Per the instructions and the Photo. The drag link tie rod end is to mount with the nut pointed down. Rusty said to rotate it about 10°. My clearances lot better, tried to upload photo but my phones not cooperating.

Last edited:

If you want to email the pictures to webmaster at jeepz I'll upload them for you.

I'd like to see the setup and hear if you end up liking it.

image-3054929221.jpg. Before

After

Attachments

• image-96569206.jpg
    image-96569206.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 475
  • image-2027874382.jpg
    image-2027874382.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 944
So finally adjusted my steering for the last time, turns almost as much as stock. Tie rod rubs just a touch on the new replacement bolt for the track bar from Rustys. Feels great, firm. Still think offset tie rods would be better. With that said I give it 5 and 3/4 stars.....

Back