2006 Grand Cherokke LAredo ... cracked radiator .. ?

CFJeep

Greetings All ... OK i have a cracked radiator and the leaking that at first was a drip drip drip now seems to have become a larger crack / leak .. cant see it or get to it but 2 separate garages say its a leak ....

its Plastic not the old metal / steel construction :( so i am being advised to replace it - meaning around $640 +/- depending whom you get the quote from (so far) .....

also I am advised TO NOT try and temp repair with "stop leak" pour-in product which allegedly will gum up the heater core and other parts of the engine as well ...

any insights pointers or advise on these 2 options ? . . all are greatfully appreciated !! :redface:

^^2x^^ the stop leak should not be used. OEM radiator is my vote. It is not difficult to replace.

Check automd or Napa for their service estimator on how much a repair cost could range.

if you cant swing an all metal radiator check RockAuto dot com or the working mans friend, JC Whitney.... Whitney seems to have the cheapest oem type replacements on the market. Granted they are still the composite construction but they are still cheaper than all metal which are preferable over all. but with uncle sam putting his hands in our pockets this month, some times you have no choice when you need the vehicle running

Back