2006 Liberty shifter screw

jzjohnz

A couple of years ago my 2006 liberty ignition lock system started locking up on me where it wouldn't release the ignition key when the engine was turned off. I found out that it was the integrated cable system that is released by a console solenoid that was the culprit. Prior to realizing that, I removed the socket screw on the front side of the automatic transmission shifter knob thinking that I could remove the plastic knob & possibly find the solution inside the stem. Well, as some of you may already know, that didn't do the trick. When I removed that specialized socket screw, I dropped it on the console & have been unable to find it since. I have completely removed the console in an attempt to find it underneath but it seems to have disappeared into "thin air". I have gone over the carpets & console area with a 'fine toothed comb' & turned up nothing.

My question is, is there a source to buy a replacement screw for this? I've since checked with the dealers in my area & they all say that it only comes with the purchase of a new shifter module & I surely don't want to have to pay for all that just to get this little 'specialized' socket screw.

I didn't mention that this screw looks like a special made set screw. It tapers down at the tip to a smaller cylindrical shape. I'm familiar with most standard looking set screws & this one was not your run-of-the-mill piece.

Back