2010 grand Cherokee Laredo radiator

cberg

I got in a front end collision a while back. I took off my front bumper due to damage and my AC condenser got slightly bent toward the radiator and sits about half an inch away from the radiator. Hoses seem to be fine. I don't see any leaking. Radiator isn't busted and cracked (that I could see without removing the fan), but the bottom row of the condenser fins are a little damaged. No system warnings on, pretty much just cosmetic damage. Dashboard Temperature gage normal. But the problem is I'm moving and have to drive 6 hours away. It's hot as the Devils scrotum here and worried hat she might not make it there. I've been driving her for about a month now Witt the damage and it hasn't worsened. But with the heat and length of the drive and the fact I'll have more weight on the car make me nervous. Am I being done assuming I'll make it?

If it's not used any coolant since the damage and there hasn't been any increase in operating temps you should be fine.

You can get a radiator fin comb to straighten the fins.

Will you be towing anything or hauling a heavy load in the Jeep? These might find the limits of your cooling system with its reduced air flow across the cores.

If you have been driving it you should be fine. Now adding more weight.... Be sure you are within the vehicle capacity. More weight means higher heat generation up hills. More heat maintaining speed. I found maintaining no faster than 65 is best mpg and is the lowest strain on the engine with a load. Stop if you see the temp climb above 205. Take a gallon or two of distilled water and be sure the expansion tank does not leak and has fluid to the correct levels hot or cold.

Might get a new 18 psi radiator cap.

Back