2000 jeep Cherokee Laredo battery cable harnes discontinued

Moonfairy56

I'm having trouble with my 2000 Cherokee.
Tried to start it yesterday & it pops the electrical. We can get it started with a jump, but. When I try to turn it off & turn it back on again there is a pop & all the electrical goes out. Battery is charging @ 14 so not an alternator issue.. Battery held a charge & all electrical works until I turn it over.. Then everything goes out again. We have had issues with the harness wires with over corrosion & starting... But if I shake the wires, it would come back. (That's no longer working) Starter was replaced before my vacation so it's not that. Thinking given the symptoms it may be an issue with the wiring harness that connects to the battery. We tried replacing just the connectors.. But that's not helping 😩 Unfortunately it's a discontinued part & no local auto parts stores carry it.. Tried to order it no line.. My order for the part was canceled because it's been discontinued, ordered it from another company... Same thing. Listed as in stock but order canceled due to item being discontinued...😤GRRRR😤 any sugestions on how to resolve this issue... Does anyone make an aftermarket replacement part for it or am i going to have to jury rig something to resolve it?
Thanks in advance for any advice that can be provided! 😄

The battery cable harness 57773f4316292aade102b0440b58fc11.png

Does ANYBODY please have any advice at all? I'm really at a loss here about the discontinued part.

Sounds like junkyard or make your own are your only options at this point. You might be able to separate the harness and replace piece by piece to make it easier.

Check painless performance for a replacement wiring harness.
If it's just the battery connections making your own is not difficult. Look at YouTube videos about upgrading the big three.

If you can jump start it, its not the electrical harness. What is popping when it makes the pop noise? A fuse?

Back