2006 WK 4.7 GC Laredo what parts to change for smoother newer ride

laredo2006

Hello,

Jeep is still running excellent, 258,000km now. I've done all regular liquid and oils replacements, changed a few parts like water pump over the years etc...nothing major.

The ride is still going well, maybe the steering wheel is starting to feel like your driving an elder vehicle, but overall very satisfied it's last 10 years.

What parts would you look into changing now? For a better newer vehicle feeling ride & steering?

All those bushings etc? Anything I can do to make the steering feel more tighter.

I changed my shocks, struts, strut mounts in 2012, the guy at the garage said the back ones need to be changed but I have lifetime warranty on those so just have to pay a bit of labor.

I intend on keeping it for as long as it carries out, perfect vehicle for the tough winters up here and maybe get something else for the summer months. Thanks!

You might look at your tires. alot of people think Jeep and put mud and snow tires on. Mud and snow tires have alot of road noise and ride kinda rough. a good street all season tire might be what you are looking for to smooth out that ride of yours.

I hope this helps.

Hi There, can you suggest a brand and type? I use Firestone Destination LE/2 for summer and Toyo Open Country 2 Plus for winter. Really happy with either for now, but I see what you're saying too.

It may be tire alignment.
Look at caster camber and thrust angle.

What size rims and tires?
Have you completed a dry steer test?

What type and model shocks and how old are they?

Last edited:

Thanks guys.

Hi, I have 235/65/17 sized tires. And MONROE 71377 Reflex Strut Front & MONROE 911278 Reflex Light Truck Rear. I really doubt I have any caster camber or thrust angle problems, probably just needs an alignement, I will ask though.

The three are a measurement of alignment.
Caster will change with a lift. The higher up the less caster the less likely the tire returns to center leaving you with a dead spot feeling.
The camber changes with tire width height and wheel offset. The closer you are to zero or positive the more wonder feeling you will have.

A dry steer test should allow you to see the bushings and tie rod ends ... That may be loose giving the wondering feeling.

Besides shocks the springs could relax and loose their spring rate. New not necessarily stiffer can recoup the ride.

Last edited:
Back