Buying a Cherokee with high mileage

They seem to ask much more for it than what they are worth. Dealt with a local person today. Another scam. I am unsure why I keep running into BS. Said 170k on the odo, actually had about 190k on the odo and told me "well, I don't know why it says that, it was 170k when I got into it this morning."

Don't give up, you'll find a good deal. I buy and sell cars from time to time in order to make cash. I usually go back and forth from craigslist, ebay, and offerup. You may also try autotrader (usually more expensive cars) and letgo.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I went to look at a 97 Jeep from my dad's friend who is a dealer, but the gas pedal had a loose feel, the sunroof was sealed, the vehicle slightly "jumped" (they said this was because it was an older model), the mpg screen was dead, and the brake was HARD. Not really sure that was the best one... I have been trying to up my price a bit and look into others... Xterras, pickup trucks, and so on.

yup, that's too much wrong with a jeep. it should feel like any other vehicle and nothing should be sealed unless the jeep is a sub 500 dollar model.

Back