Help with Brake pads and rotors

laredo2006

Hello, Is it normal to need to change my brakes and rotors after 4 years doing 7500-10000 miles a year?

I had bought thermosqueak brake pads and centric rotors and these heads i dont really trust told me its time for new ones. But they only looked at the back ones.

Should I just order new ones from rockauto and be done with it? It's for a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 Laredo. What type would you order for snow heavy conditions as well as I'm up here in Canada. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

changing that stuff is totally dependent on your style of driving. some people go through brakes fast, and some slow.

changing that stuff is totally dependent on your style of driving. some people go through brakes fast, and some slow.
It's weird I don't brake too much. What kind of brands do you like for pads and rotors? Thanks

Style as in highway driving, off road rock crawling, hauling.

I've purchased rotors and pads from Brake Performance and have been happy.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I buy my pads/shoes from Autozone with a lifetime warranty. I generally get a long time out of rotors but my wife who has a heavy foot needs her rotors replaced every other time. Heavy braking generates a lot more heat.

Hello, Is it normal to need to change my brakes and rotors after 4 years doing 7500-10000 miles a year?

So I don't know if we answered this question. As mentioned driving habits like speed up and stop fast.. Riding the brake down hills. Speed up slow down...

If you have a stuck caliper, ti will kill a set of pads quickly. Anything keeping the pads from gliding or the caliper from opening. Will eat pads quickly.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Hey there, do these rotors look like it's time to change them? Centric premium rotors..installed in May 2013. I'm thinking of going with POWER STOP KOE2220 Autospecialty By Power Stop 1-Click Daily Driver Brake Kits Click Info for full list of components. Front And Rear for $200-275US Shipped. More Information for POWER STOP KOE2220

Attachments

• 20170331_093733_resized.jpg
    20170331_093733_resized.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20170331_093752_resized.jpg
    20170331_093752_resized.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20170331_093756_resized.jpg
    20170331_093756_resized.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170331_093802_resized.jpg
    20170331_093802_resized.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170331_093806_resized.jpg
    20170331_093806_resized.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 23
They look decent. You can have them turned. The shop will let you know if they are warped or too much needs to be removed - which would mean replacement.

They don't look to bad as far as the brakes your around 40,000 miles sounds like you got a good run in them. I know my wife burns threw hers in about 25,000 miles but she brakes hard and at the last second.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

I know my wife burns threw hers in about 25,000 miles but she brakes hard and at the last second.

Riding with my wife feels like she's trying to choke me out with the seat belt she brakes so hard.

I've learned not to say anything...

Riding with my wife feels like she's trying to choke me out with the seat belt she brakes so hard.

I've learned not to say anything...
I too have learned not to say anything. Buy new ones with lifetime warranty keep receipt in glove box and just replace them every 2 years.

My wife is also a hard braker and often waits until the last minute to apply the brakes. I've learned not to say anything but I still get fussed at when my right leg instinctively goes up to hit the non existent brake pedal on the passenger side :roll:

Hi which brake pads and rotors have lifetime warranty? I have the receipts. I barely press the brakes when I'm driving. Thanks

Hi which brake pads and rotors have lifetime warranty? I have the receipts. I barely press the brakes when I'm driving. Thanks

I think all the big box store offer them. I have felt with Auto Zone and Advance auto. They both offer lifetime brakes and they don't cost that much more

There is a decent warranty on those.

Perf brake is lifetime mine wire nicely and are ready to change. 10yrs is good

Be sure if you get any parts there is a core charge there is a limited time to return cores for credit.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Thanks man but what is a core charge haha

Many of the parts that we buy require you to return the old part - they will charge you a deposit (core charge) when you buy it, and when you bring back the old part you get your money back.

They rebuild the old parts as sell them to the next guy.

Ahh I see thx. Do you see anywhere if there is a core charge on the ones I want to buy?

Back