Best Service Manual for Cherokee?

I use a Haynes, for day to day stuff, and just subscribed to AllData for some detailed wireing schematics and blow ups. I use Chiltons for sub-system rebuilds, steering gear, transmission, rear end, starter, alternator etc.
Most people would say, the original shop manual is the best, in some cases, probably a fact. But Jeep had a nasty habit, of printing a shop manual, then adding annexes and appendages as it changed the original. And getting a hold of the applicable changes can be hard.
I believe between 88 and 91 or so they did a yearly reprint, instead of once every three years or so and adding annexes.
The military Police in Europe, drive Cherokees. There is bound to be a Military service set out there somewhere. The military generally orginizes there books (usually a set of three and one for parts) in steps of difficulty of the repair and the amount of knowledge (training) reguired to perform the task. The parts book is really good, as it has a full blow up, of most every part (in pieces) on the Cherokee.[addsig]

Back