Wires melted somewhere?!?

Jong1821

I have a list of problems, wondering where they all run together.

96 grand Cherokee Loreto v8

A few months ago the aftermarket alarm would not shut off so I removed it and respliced the wires. Runs fine but..

-Driver door cluster does not work
-the only window I can roll down is the front passenger side
-the interior lights only turn on if they are pushed individually

The A.C. was leaking water into the fuse panel at the passenger side kick board, I dried everything out and took apart the panel and put dielectric between the layers. Cleaned all contacts. I have tried using a known working door cluster still not working. I checked continuity on all wires that go from the door to the driver side dash, no problems there.

I'm guessing something melted together somewhere. Just not sure where they all run together.

No easy answer, Will need a wiring diagram a test light and or a DVOM - Basic electrical skill 101, see post on free manuals for diagrams etc....

I picked up a Haynes manual. It only tel lks the g uage, color and routing. No voltages. I'm getting ~.8 volts at the tan power wire in the driver door at all times.

Shouldn't it be 0volts ignition off and 12 volts ignition on?

you are checking KOEO?

Then check Cicui breaker #2

Might want to confirm ALL fuses while there.

Attachments

• power-windows-1-of-1.pdf
    57.5 KB · Views: 89
  • power-distribution-1-of-3.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 84

I found the problem. The tan is an always on 12 volt. Followed it from the fuse panel to where the break is. It is under the carpet on the driver side. Thank you.

20170930_170135.jpg

sorry you are still working this - first reply said this wont be easy -

you did the windows - what is next issue?

I will add what I can to help,

Back