Where to get rear spring shackles just 1-2" higher

bradleyheathhays

Ok talk me out of this if I'm being stupid. But I'm wanting to update my bushings on the cheap for better steering and ride. In the rear I'm avoiding getting full leaf springs b/c of the cost, so I'm just gonna press some new ones in.

Nother reason i'm avoiding new leafs is hopefully not too far down the road I'll be putting a whole suspension lift kit on and it seems like new leafs would just go to waste.

But for now, I'm sagging just a bit in the rear and would like to get back up to OE height, so I'm thinking for the rear leaf attach points I'm wanting some shackles that'll get me back up.

Where do you go to get heightened shackles that aren't part of a full kit?

Remember that they only lift half the difference in shackle length. So in order to lift 2", your new shackle would need to be 4" longer than stock.

Yep thanks. Would that b b/c of the stationary pivot point which would be at the front suspension?

Actually the lift I'm trying to achieve is b/t the top of the rear tire and bottom of the wheel well. Since I'm measuring what about 3/4 the way back from the front pivot point I'm guessing the lift would be approx 3/4 of whatever extra height I'm adding at the shackle.

I've don't have any experience with lifting though so there might be some physics/mechanics I'm missing here. I'm open to more explanation.

Yes, it's because you're only moving one end of the spring. The lift increases as you move away from the solid spring hanger toward the shackle.

Back